Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Thanksgiving '07




Here are a few pics from our Thanksgiving vacation in Tucson. We had a great time, and I loved the warm weather. You can't really tell, but I am a teeny tiny bit tanner! We went to the Grand Canyon. It was incredible. Neither Spence nor I had been there before and we were blown away. I knew it was deep, but I didn't have any idea it was so big! We found out that you can hike down one side, over, and up the other! It takes about two days. We're planning on trying it next summer. (Did you know I hike now? Last summer I hiked up Timpanogos Mt. for the first time. I didn't quite make it all the way though. We were trading off carrying Aliah and we had our dog Mika, it just proved too much for me. We turned back at Emerald Lake.) We had Thanksgiving dinner at Mimi's Cafe. I was almost in tears because I forgot to ask for no gravy on my food so I thought everything was so gross. I didn't eat anything and I think it was the worst Thanksgiving dinner ever. I don't think I will ever eat out on Thanksgiving ever again! Everyone else thought it was amazing though. Since we were so close we hopped the border to Mexico. It's fun to say that Alaih's been there. It was really dirty but people sold a lot of cheap stuff so of course we bought some junk.

2 comments:

Colette said...

How fun that picture of you & Aliah at the Grand Canyon is awesome.

Joe and Abby and Avonelle said...

You have got to learn to send back food. Just do it nicely and leave a big tip and no one cares.