Monday, July 14, 2008

We love SUMMER!



Well I'd like to be posting pictures of my new baby girl, but seeing as she's not here yet I'll just have to stall with some great pics of our summer so far.

This year for the Green family vacation we went camping in Fairview and to the Manti Pageant. I had never seen it before, and to be honest don't care to ever see it again. But it's good to say I've done it and check it off my list of things to do.

Picking wildflowers. (I don't think you're supposed to do that!) Doesn't her hair look great! I don't think I combed it once the whole trip.

Most of the summer has been spent at home getting ready for the baby.

This is how I got ready, and Aliah was such a trooper! The poor little girl watched a lot of TV for awhile there. But things got better. We've spent lots of time with cousins, and at the pool.



Of course best of all was the Forth of July. We didn't make the front page of the paper this year, but they used our picture from last year on the Provo City web site that had all the details of the event. We camped over night and everyone thought I was crazy because I was 9 months pregnant but we used a huge air mattress and I slept just fine. Plus this year was a bonus because Lisa and John camped with us! (By the way they are an adorable couple and John is totally hilarious! I laughed so much.) Aliah loved the parade and the fireworks. I'm so glad she has a 4th of July fever like I do. It's the best holiday ever!!



Look how she's got her little hand over her heart!


She can never take her eyes off the fireworks and talks about them all the way home!
What a fun summer so far, and it's only going to get better!

4 comments:

Andrea said...

My favorite picture is the one with the ice cream cone dripping down her sweet little face. I am glad you are enjoying the summer. I really think you could submit that picture in like a baby modeling contest or something...she is beautiful. Like her parents...:)

Howse Family said...

looks like tons of fun!! I'm so excited for you little girl to come!! I hope i can come see her when she gets here, and you get settled in!! And if Aliah needs so fun, she can come play with Ashlyn ANYTIME...seriously!!

THE REBER FAMILY said...

She is so sweet kels. I can't wait to meet your new little treasure and have another mother of 2 to commiserate with. Love ya kels. I'm here whenever you need me!

Joe and Abby and Avonelle said...

I never miss Utah and my family more than the 4th of July. (I come home for Christmas). I have celebrated the 4th in Philadelphia (where the Declaration was signed), in Charlottesville (hometown to the "author" of the Declaration), and in Washing ton D.C. Nothing has ever come close to the Provo Freedom festival. I am just proud that you have carried on the tradition of camping for the parade out even though you were SUPER pregnant 2 of those years. That is true dedication.